Here are some common integration methods and examples:
- Oracle Database Integration: Oracle Apex can easily integrate with the Oracle database.
- You can use the built-in SQL Workshop to create database objects such as tables, views, and procedures.
- You can also use Oracle Apex to query and manipulate data in the database.
- For example, if you have an existing Oracle database, you can use Oracle Apex to develop a web application that interacts with the database.
- REST API Integration: Oracle Apex provides an easy way to consume RESTful web services.
- You can create RESTful web services in Apex and consume external RESTful web services by creating a web source module.
- For example, you can use Oracle Apex to integrate with a third-party system that exposes RESTful web services such as Salesforce, AWS, or Google.
- Web Service Integration: Oracle Apex supports SOAP-based web services.
- You can create web services in Apex and consume external web services by creating a web service reference.
- For example, you can use Oracle Apex to integrate with a legacy system that exposes web services.
- JDBC Integration: Oracle Apex can connect to other databases using JDBC drivers.
- You can create a data source in Apex that connects to a non-Oracle database and use SQL Workshop to query and manipulate data.
- For example, you can use Oracle Apex to develop a web application that interacts with a MySQL or SQL Server database.
- Custom Plug-ins: Oracle Apex provides a plug-in architecture that allows you to extend Apex functionality.
- You can create custom plug-ins that integrate with external systems.
- For example, you can create a plug-in that integrates with a payment gateway or a social media platform.
In conclusion, Oracle Apex can be integrated with other databases and systems using various methods, such as Oracle Database integration, REST API integration, web service integration, JDBC integration, and custom plug-ins. The integration method you choose depends on the system you are integrating with and the requirements of your application.